Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #612
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

I noticed that the valve covers were leaking a couple days ago, so I picked up some new gaskets and stuck them on today. Underneath doesn't look too bad.

Also found out that the heads I have are 3814480. 60-67 283/327 heads. Nothing special, but they get the job done.

After the valve cover gaskets were done, I spent some more time adjusting the passenger door. It still was a bit too hard to close for my liking, so this time, I also adjusted the wedge piece on the door that locates the back of the door in the door jamb. That made a huge difference and now both door close fairly easily for old doors with somewhat worn latch components.

Last thing for today was to crawl under the truck and check the overdrive solenoid. I still have not been able to keep the solenoid seal from leaking, so all the contact points and such inside the solenoid are covered in a layer of gear oil. I think that's why the fuse blew on me because I put a new fuse in and cleaned off as much of the oil as I could get to (need to get some brake clean ) and the overdrive started working again.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote