Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #966
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidmoreGarage View Post
You have been a big inspiration to keep me motivated. I do not find bodywork very joyful labor either, filled with mostly coming to terms with imperfections. Hang in there, momentum is critical when addressing the last 20%. Also, in aggregation, the minor issues you see now will disappear to the untrained eye upon completion. It is a daily driver. You can't tell the difference between a $3k paint job and a $20k paint job with a decent weekend's worth of bug guts and dust on it.

At a low point, I spiral into looking ahead and find that, if I'm not careful, this activity consumes my most productive time. This leads to slow progress, loss of prioritization, and a decrease in motivation.

I personally took a week off from bodywork and have done other small jobs. Cab mounts, wheel bearings, refreshed an axle that I may not even use, procured supplies, and did general shop clean up. I also reprioritized and got myself prepared for another big push forward.
Thanks for that, appreciated man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey TA_C10
I read through the thread but cant see the pictures at work. I will read it this weekend at home so I can see/download the pictures.
Keep up the great work!!!
Thanks!

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote