View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
68PanelTruck

What to do about area around gas cap.

Hi guys,
This is for a 68 panel truck. I will be replacing the rear quarter panels with patch panels but I don't think the patch panels will cover the area near the gas cap. I'll have a better idea when I have everything. I'm slowly getting the parts to do this but I don't know what to do about the gas cap area. I ordered the patch panel for the area behind the driver door, wheel arch, lower quarter and tail light area patch. I want to keep it in the stock location (not looking to move the cap) and stock looking so I guess I'll need to find an original panel with the gas cap area that's in good shape? Does anyone know what years and models will work? I'm assuming a Suburban would work but what years?

Same question for the rear marker lens holes. What year sheet metal will work 68 to ??? Can I use pickup truck sheet metal for the lens area ? I need to find a panel with a hole to mount the lens.
Attached Images

Trying to bring a 68 Panel Truck back from the dead. 396 Big Block, 4 on the floor, and a whole lot of rust.
68PanelTruck is offline   Reply With Quote