Thread: Imitation hooks
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 06:13 AM   #24
Spf79

Re: Imitation hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I don't know, but I have a 12000# winch and use the hooks for my snatch block which means 24000# is possible. I won't risk my life or anyone else life because I was being scared of spending the money on the real thing. If you put "decorative" hooks on the truck, someone will try them out. I hope they work and no one gets hurt or killed.......
Yeah, same page. When I was a kid we had a wood stove for heat, so every spring we had to go and cut 10 or 12 loads of wood. It was horrible, I hated it. My old man would tell me to go stand behind a stump or a brush pile while he used the truck to pull wood out of the burn piles that were left behind in the clear cuts. He had the snatch block method for the difficult logs, but most of the time he would use the front hooks and some chain to drag them out.

It was a 1975 3/4 ton 4x4, 4sp truck. He would hammer that truck in reverse as fast and as hard as he could until it would pull whatever log he was after free. This would go on ike this for at least an hour or two while I stood in the rain, dad would be grinning the entire time. I only saw the chain break twice over the course of my childhood. Second time the chain broke, he lost the radiator. Not pleased is the phrase i would use to describe that encounter. I had a long walk while he waited with the truck. No cell phones at the time.

Right before I pressed the purchase button on these hooks, I thought of all these memories, and I heard my dad drop a F-bomb somewhere off in the distance. If I sell this Blazer, ill let the new owner in on these hooks. I understand the importance of it.