View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #25
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Aftermarket Tailgates

Sorry to dig up a very old thread but GMCPaul was the last reply and I just ordered a tailgate from them. I asked where the gate was manufactured, Dynacorn Industries & Key Parts INC by Apex in Taiwan.

Now my current gate is crap and when I would just set on it I could feel flex (I'm 205 lbs). A week ago we were unloading my brother's 78 Wurlitzer Jukebox he leaned it to me and than I stepped on the gate to catch my balance. It proceeded to fold. Luckily it was already on my list to replace since it had a bad dent on the outside from the PO. The tuck was restored roughly 10 years ago and this is when the new gate would have been bought/painted/installed.

I am really hoping this gate is MUCH better. I am hoping I am not really getting a "APEX manufactured gate which is a unbelievable 23 gauge steel tailgate". To be fair, on GMCPauls site, it is listed as new Tooling and 19 gauge.

But I do have a question: is it expected that all the hardware to be painted matching the truck - like the hangers/latches for the tailgate?
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote