View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 12:21 PM   #22
Boog
laying low

Re: Southern Truck - Sweet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian 72 C15 View Post
I did indeed. But again weird that I have holes for the 67-70 mirrors or where the holes all the same ?

Back to the comment about the wheels. Are we certain these are 80’s rally wheels and you can tell by looking at them they are 7” not 8 “? What would have come from factory on this 1500 custom?
There were no rally truck wheels from factory in the 67-72 years. The first truck rally wheels for 1/2 ton trucks were from 73 or so to 87 as an upgrade over the base steel wheel. That wheel was available in 7 or 8" widths for pkups and 6 1/2" for vans. It had small slots all around the outside middle of the wheel with wide trim rings and metal center caps. The later so called truck rally was available from 88-98 in 7" width only. It was more of just a steel wheel with a plastic center cap and had a narrow trim ring. This was the base model wheel for those years. There are lots of wheel threads on these forums with lots of pics. I have a clear example or two of the 73-87 rallys. 1st one is a 15x8" 5 lug 2 wheel drive wheel. 2nd and 3rd one is the same but 6 lug with the Corvette style derby center cap. Notice the number and size of the slots are different. The 88-98 steel wheels do not have all those slots and the center caps are plastic.
Attached Images

91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote