View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 10:50 PM   #2868
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Been very delayed completing my garage because we FINALLY........got the permit for the patio room we're adding to the back of the house. Demo went on for a week, lumber arrived Tuesday and included but unrelated concrete will be placed tomorrow.

As part of this room build we had the contractor demo the side yard walls which included an enclosed trash area. This will be for RV and boat storage. 30A service outlet added to side wall to connect RV during storage. Turned out the slab in that area was higher than the rest so it had to come out too and the whole area be paved so it will be flat. Two 10 ft PVC gates and a 40 inch pedestrian gate will replace the walls.

Anyway, while all that has been going on I've had no time to do much of anything in the garage and my '55 has gotten badly dusty. I'm waiting til all the demo work is done before cleaning her up.

Pics added just to show the scope of work.

BEFORE picture. You can see the three piers installed when the house was remodeled 5 years ago but prior owner never finished the work. I wanted to complete what the architect originally had in mind for the house since I like everything else he designed so well.

Demo'ed eave area. Most of tile roof will be removed Monday when they start framing the addition:

BEFORE of side walls and trash area:

Now, before concrete tomorrow. Driveway also being widened 4 ft. on both sides.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote