View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 08:42 PM   #17
c1971

Re: Truck binds when turning - is it the posi-track?

All rubber lines are new, new calipers, wheel cylinders, metal brake lines, master cylinder, etc. Has front and rear disk brakes. Wheels and tires are used but I had ran them a few thousand miles on my Suburban with no problems. The suspension bushings are new. This truck has been a 10 year off and on restoration, guess that is what frustrates me the most. When I first took notice to this issue I was driving on a local road that usually you can coast on and gain speed, I had to keep in gear and add gas to stay at speed, when I turned right onto another road, I felt a feel similar to driving a four wheel drive while engaged on black top. Came straight home and checked over the front suspension to make sure everything was tight. Searched for anything that looks as if it shifts. Changed diff fluid, used AC Delco friction modifier and synthetic gear lube. This seemed to make things feel better, but shifting/binding feeling is still there. Binding feels more pronounced after being on the road for awhile, usually 10 or more minutes. The rear is stock 12 bolt rear, original 69,000 miles, 4.10 factory posi. Original fluid as with both fluid changes that I have done so far never have shown high levels of metal flakes/shavings.
c1971 is offline   Reply With Quote