View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 04:28 PM   #19
Freaky1

Re: My wife calls it Mater

After some inspection I figured out that the two in front were oval & the two in the rear were just round.

I did have a couple questions on the front suspension...

This has the stock '65 frame but is using '72 A arms & spindles. I had planned on using the stock steering box but am now thinking about switching to a Vega steering box for the tighter steering. I've read that the Vega steering box is recommended for vehicles under 2800 lbs. I can't say what my truck will weigh, but with the 400sbc & TH400 I'm guessing it will be close to 3800 to 4000 lbs. I'm thinking if the 2800 lbs limit on the Vega is correct, then it's not an option. Anyone have any input on this or other close ratio steering boxes I can swap with minimal frame mods?

Question 2 - I though I saw somewhere on this forum that with the stock frame, stock steering, but '72 spindles that I would need '65 inner tie rod ends & '72 outer tie rod ends. Anyone have any info on this?

Before you start typing about the FAQ, I have searched it and didn't find answers to either of these questions. It is certainly possible that I missed them though.