View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #436
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I agree that the color combination and trim looks fantastic. But, hindsight is 20/20 and us old guys didn't see what was coming. I'm glad to see a four door/wagon getting it's recognition!!!
Thanks, Dale!

For the last week and a half I've been consumed by the wiring. I'm probably a little less than halfway done. The thing I dislike the most about this task is that I have a hard time thinking far enough ahead. Seems like I'll get deep into some part of the process only to realize I really need to back up due to an unforeseen obstacle. Two steps forward, one step back. At this point, I'm getting locked into a layout I'm going to have to live with. My upholstery guy is expecting the car by the first of December, so not much time left for do-overs.

The FITech wiring, controller and fuse panel are all in place, the dash controls are wired and I'm set up for most of the remaining modules - just need to get them mounted and wires terminated. Easier said than done, though.

I couldn't see any of the indicator lights on the Dakota Digital instrument panel and where they're supposed to show up. So I contacted DD support to see if they had a drawing of the gauge face annotated with the locations. They wrote me back right away and told me to just hook it up and test it. Was hoping to avoid that, but gave in and did it anyway. It has built in right and left turn signals, but I'm leaning toward using the original lights. The rest will activate thru the DD module. More later...
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote