View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:33 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: Warm Work Gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Unicorn hide gloves
I checked and even Amazon didn't carry those. Got a link to your world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
A lot of my working days in the field go back to when we used to buy the white gloves ,,I only used them to carry lumber or plywood..steel ,,ect ect .. never could use them to get into my nail bag for nails , or cat heads ,,snap tie shoes or tools ,, what I have done is cut the finger tips off and do some nailing ,, this was winter of course ..rubber gloves made my hands sweat and also stink.. my hands have a lot of history on them to look at them ,,splinters ,blisters , bruises . and scars from them construction jobs and blue and red chalk many times.. I really do miss them days..honestly !
I always say my hands are uglier than most people's feet I have an imbedded splinter right now in the thumb side of my RH index finger. Tough skin there but something managed to poke it's way in. Just a big sore bump, just riding it out. I guess I'll miss that some day too, but not at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyRay View Post
I used the fingerless wool gloves building houses in cold and soggy Oregon back in the 90's and they worked great for me.
That's what I seem to recall when I broke out the ragg wool climbing gloves so many years ago. Cold fingers was not such an issue back then, so when they wore out I went back to the el cheapo throw away cotton gloves by the bag.
Those grip-palm woven gloves worked great when I was exclusively doing siding. But we were constantly rolling. Either my circulation is not as good, I'm just not used to it, I'm not about being so tough as I used to, the work now is slower plus not outside everyday, or some combination there in, but that latex transmits cold straight to my fingers. I went to woven gloves w/o the grip coating and they worked better. But once the temp dropped into the 20s I felt the cold come straight through the weave.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote