View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #384
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Very nice work Tim. The carpentry/woodworking gene skipped me.
You just need to dabble in it and next thing you know you'll be building things. I'm best with rustic more than fine millwork/joinery these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Turned out great Tim. Going to have to build the vanity for my bath dont like the commercial offerings . Been gathering boards from my barn not the barn itself but the old horse stalls . Perfect excuse to buy a new table saw
I really like my Dewalt. I'd have to check the model#. But it's the portable one with a tubular cage for the base. It's made to be moved, hauled, and used. They thought of everything with that saw.

I did all the cabinets in this house. Simple and primitive. Built in place. I just finished a kitchen job on Wed. I've never been too crazy about commercially available kitchens. It seems even the most expensive are made as cheaply as they can get away with, yet all cost more than I can see went into them.

I'm done the garage for now. I'd like to have gotten the roll-up door done, but many fish to fry. The electric, garage door, and slab have to wait. I can poke away at the electric still. My current big project is moving my little barn (12 x 20). I built it near a maple tree 30+ years ago and the tree grew a lot while I wasn't looking. The tree wins. I'd like to trim it back, but taking it out is not in my plans. Since I don't plan to stay here too terribly long I decided the minimal solution is move just the barn portion of the building over 32". I'll lose that much out of the shed side, which is now 12'... so about 9' after the move. Still good useful space.

It's all dug out ready for concrete, but I decided to rent a concrete saw to make a cut the slab just inside the posts. Then break out that edge and get what's left of the posts out so the new concrete can make a smooth flush seam. The slab was poured after the barn was built and the concrete wasn't troweled out at the edge.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-28-2020 at 10:12 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote