View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #1282
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I had a chance to buy a Crosley pickup. The guy had taken it all apart and did all the bodywork. And he did a really good job. But he had lost interest and it was at his mom's house and she wanted it gone. He was practically giving it away dirt cheap. The "Get it out of here" price.

But I lived in an apartment. I had nowhere to put it. So I had to pass. The story of my life. Great deal. No space.
Couldn't he just hide it behind the shrubbery in front of the house?

Hey, I just realized Chevyland's wishes for this thread are being sidetracked. I did take the first Crosley picture, though.

Looky what I took last summer. I drove by this place on my way in to pick up a load of cinder block I bought. Stopped in on my way out for a sandwich. It was a great experience, so I stopped in the other two trips. Star Tannery, VA in the foothills of the mountains
Name:  Star Tannery Store 2.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  Star Tannery Store.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  45.0 KB

Here's their post office
Name:  Star Tannery PO.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  71.6 KB

A weekender cabin along the way out from picking up the block
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote