View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #62
Jim70Chevy

Re: 1970 Chevy Longbed CST/10

Hey everyone. Have a couple of questions for all of those painters out there and other people experienced with paint and body shops.

Let me start by saying I have stripped off ALL of the spray primer (quite a job) and I have been addressing body work as I find it. I have also spraying the body with a 2 part epoxy sealer and I am about to begin the complete front to back filling, sanding to prep the body for paint (I have never done this before).

My plan is to take the truck to a local paint shop to finish the last prep and paint the whole truck (inside and out). I am not looking for a show quality paint job. Just something nice that will last. I am considering a white paint job and will be doing a spray in bedliner.

1. How far should I take the sanding and prep before taking it to the paint shop?

2. Am I better off taking it to them now and letting them finish what I have started or am I better having it mostly done and with a fresh sealer coat on it?

I just don't know enough to know the right thing to do.

3. Also is there a best way to approach these local paint shops to get the best result.

Thank you all in advance for the advice.

Jim
Attached Images

My build 1970 Longbed CST/10
Jim70Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote