View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #446
1976gmc20

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Huh, I was there for a while early spring in '80. I met a gal who worked in the ski valley in winter and went to work on a fishing boat spring-fall. It was her and her friend. Neither looked too shabby, either. I was impressed. I imagine they were pretty good at handling themselves around men.
Wow, small world! We probably passed each other in the grocery store or someplace

There were several historic places managed by the same group, one of which was the Kit Carson house where I met this gal. She also worked at another old adobe house (can't remember the name) off the SW corner of the plaza. One time we went to a bar out on the south end of town where some other local gal was singing. She was as good as Joan Baez or Judy Collins but I guess she never went anywhere with it.

I got to go out with my friend and her boss and look through a barn full of a bunch of historical stuff that they didn't have room to display. I think I might have even helped them move some stuff with my pickup? Anyway another time we went to an old place out west of town that they were fixing up. I got to see how they made the adobe floors in the traditional way.

Her boss and his wife had sort of "adopted" my gal friend since she was from ABQ. I think they really wanted her and I to get together long term but it didn't happen, and I had to get over that.

So, what I did today not on my truck is dig up a bunch of memories
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote