View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
WunTon

Re: WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

I made a little more progress last night. First and foremost it is pupper dog approved! It's crazy that he is 3 days shy of 11 months old and is 120lbs already but he's a great shop dog.

After bolting the arms on and setting the bags there just because I wanted to see what it looked like I got the axle housing bolted on the arms and used that to mark out where my notches needed to be after removing a whole bunch more unneeded rivets and brackets. Once I had the layout marked I drilled and cut out the first notch and got it temporarily bolted in place.

No turning back now!

Then it was on to drilling and bolting

These bolts are temporary and will be replaced with grade 8 hardware along with welding the notches in place.

Overall I don't think the fitment on this one isn't to bad for cheap ebay special notches. I'll massage this spot a bit before I weld it on but I need to wait for my weldable primer to show up before I permanently weld it in place. I'd like to have a good thick layer of primer between the notch and frame rail first.

We are fostering a pitbull right now who is going to meet his potential forever family tonight and my wife has a tattoo appointment tomorrow night so I likely won't get any time on this until the weekend.

Last edited by WunTon; 12-10-2020 at 12:01 PM.
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote