View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #66
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1940 Ford Deluxe 2 Door Sedan Rebuild

This weekend I cleaned out my lawn shed (crap collector) so I could actually put stuff away and try to organize. I was trying to get the kids's mack power wheel out of the garage truth be told.

While rearranging, I found the TA scoop I got from my cousin last year. The bad ideas were flowing and I decided to set it on my air cleaner top. Hmmm.

At this point I thought, no the box the air filter would have to set in would have to be huge and it would look stupid. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to see how big this thing really would be. Saturday night at 11:30 I went out and got out the tape measure. By my measurements the air filter enclosure would only be about 5" tall and put the scoop just below the bottom of the hood. Now I'm thinking this wouldn't be so bad. I think it would look even more cool if the scoop was turned around facing forward. When I was a kid I had a lego car I made that was Uncle Jerry's car. It had a scoop through the hood as well. Now maybe it will become reality?
On Sunday I was working outside and I had a vision. Since I'm bringing back the whole FSBS thing with this car, how cool would it be to have the original members names painted on the air cleaner housing? Some of the guys are probably still around or at least their family members might be going to rod shows etc. That is my plan currently.

Last week I reached out to the Iowa Street Road Assoc. to see if I could get any info they may have on how long my Uncle was a member etc. I haven't heard anything back yet. We'll see. I might just have to ask Gene and see what he can remember. I found an ISRA member pin, and a couple of cups my Aunt gave me before she passed away a few years ago. I'm seriously thinking about epoxying them to the vintage cooler I got to make a battery box for the trunk. Make it like a display. Or maybe I'll get an old food serving tray and place it on the side window like an old burger joint would have done?

I picked up a used hood off of FB marketplace. I got the new to me hood scrubbed and got all the bird crap off it. I dropped it off to be media blasted so I can seal and prime it and begin it's demise. Here's another low 40 to help my inspiration. This one has a V butt windshield, which I wanted. I'm not sure now. I like that chrome divider but I like the crisp corner on the v butt too. His has louvers in the hood too. Nice touches IMO.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote