View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 10:21 PM   #231
davischevy

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Im not sure why but I was in the mood for some Kenny Rogers today. Not the mega hit stuff ... Gambler, Coward of the County, but I hadnt heard Rubin James in a long time. Kenny Rogers and the First Edition. Then another song popped up by them, Cherish. He said this was a big hit for us in the mid 60's, but back then we were known as the Association ... What? How can I be this old and never put that one together in my pea brain?

Then I went down the rabbit hole of songs from the mid 60's to early 70's and am just now coming up for air haha.

EDIT .... Did some digging, it seems the video I saw of him saying they were the Association in 65 he was joking. Well he got me =)
Before I read your edit I checked that out because it was news to me. In researching the past members of the Association I noticed Jerry Yester was a member at some point. Jerry Yester was also a member of the Lovin' Spoonful for a while. He lived here.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote