View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #480
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cheyenne454 View Post
I agree, cool old truck that has a lot of potential but listings such as this one always get me.

Seller claims 100% original survivor, yet it appears the paint is not all original, wrong mirrors, aftermarket bumper, custom seat cover, wrong fan, wrong shroud, later wheels and caps, wrong pedal pads, aftermarket hubs, most likely a replacement engine and on and on. Vent over....
Don't disagree at all. Nowadays, I ignore pretty much anything sellers state in their ads (except for members' ads). We all have to do our homework, 'buyer beware' is true more than ever before. I do think that a good portion of the misrepresentation is just folks that don't know any better that are regurgitating all the buzz words they see on ads listed by "resto" shops that slap Super badges on every Custom10 they shorten. Bah Humbug! Ha But I digress..
I try to post only trucks that can at least be returned to original pretty easily. But mirror holes are my nemesis.. What a pain to undo that kinda buffoonery - what I don't understand is why these dime store mirrors show up on some high end rebuilds - happens way too often.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote