View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
EVRLET

Re: Headlight upgrades for my 98 k1500

What you and many of us OBS owners want in headlight quality and fit is just a dream. I have been through many headlights, OEM and aftermarket, and unfortunately none of them is a one and done product. The plastic housing is just garbage. You can get the factory replacement but they will yellow over. You can get the aftermarket clear housing but they’ll develop moisture inside of the housing and the clear will become kind of clear over time. I have even put silicone over the seams when they were brand new and still moisture develops.

The buckets are plastic and you can’t get around that either. Just be gentle during install. I never had a bucket break on me during install. Now the 99-06 Silverados they break a lot.

The good news, if anything, is that these parts are cheap. Yes, you shouldn’t have to replace headlights over and over, but it is what it is. I have the aftermarket clears with LED bulbs and switchback LEDs for the turn signals. Plenty bright and looks good...for now. In a couple of years I’ll replace the headlight housings again, along with parking and side markers.
Attached Images

Last edited by EVRLET; 12-23-2020 at 10:50 PM.
EVRLET is offline   Reply With Quote