View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #11
jaros44sr

Re: 1972 K5 Blazer CST day 2 restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED72blazer View Post
Hope everyone had a good Christmas, haven't done much but look up parts and get my list of needed parts together.

I'm looking at interior kits, I also need to find some door panels and a good dash board. 1 deviation I am thinking of making is heated seats under the stock covers. I don't really like the look of modern seats, but I don't hate some of the tech!

Also maybe some broken pieces of a console to use a piece to fill a 50 cent piece hole. Maybe I can just use a flat piece of plastic and epoxy?

Also does anyone make metal glove boxes? Or what about lacquer coating it? I replaced mine about 20 years ago, but could use it again...

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on patch panels too, I figure the rust repair should keep me busy for some time.

If anyone knows of threads with good pictures of rust repair, 'd appreciate a link.
What part of the console are you needing, I should have all 3 pieces laying around. We have the best classifieds on the net, you'll try there.

I have some sheet metal repair in my build, working on the rear fender lip now

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote