View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #21
1976gmc20

Re: I give up on shipping anything USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There is a news story today on my local (Baltimore) station website with the headline: "FedEx Responds As Customers Grow Increasingly Frustrated With Delivery Issues". I don't deny these big operations don't have their issues. There are reasons for the USPS issues we can't discuss here due to our no politics policy. Personally, I feel a big part of the problem is people growing to expect too much, basically spoiled. I was mail ordering car parts and other things going all the way back to when I first started working while in HS (class of 73). I remember most people saying they wouldn't use mail-order because they would only pay for a thing if they could put their hand on it. My how things have changed. Back then and still now, I am happy to get any item I purchased from afar within two weeks. I learned patience is a virtue when growing up and I will always believe that to be true. It seems this modern world, with all it's convenience at the fingertip, is doing it's best to help people get around developing their skills in patience. It's "I want it all and I want it now". That exact catch phrase has even been used in TV advertising. Just a little food for thought. I have no intention to turn on my USPS. I just don't have the complaints that some have. Still works for me and I hope it stays forever
When you pay extra for overnight or priority delivery for very important and time sensitive documents, you sorta expect them to deliver on their promise
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote