View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 08:22 PM   #1371
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I tried riding my bicycle once after we moved out here in the bush, but the washboard road beat me up so bad I haven't been on a bike in almost 18 years. Of course that was just a cheap Murray that I got to ride when we moved to town and I went back to college in the 1990s.

I did bring back my old classic coaster Schwinn from my mom's house before we sold it. It's just sitting out in the storage room with flat tires from the 1960s.
Get ahold of something with a tire around 2" wide (48mm) and you will be amazed at the difference. Not only does the bigger sidewall help, they run at lower pressure, which helps even more.
I even go a step further and run mine tubeless. That's even better yet because most of what would give you a flat gets sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote