View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #6
Dan in Pasadena

Re: stand alone to Dakota digital

I've got a few bugs with my HDX. I didn't install it but the gas gauge doesn't track accurately even though I've played with it as it will allow the use of multiple ohm senders.

Also the oil pressure sometimes does/does not record oil pressure. Fortunately the hand held monitor on my Holley ECM tracks it accurately or I'd be thinking the engine had no oil pressure at times. The alarm will go off, the red warning light will go on and the pressure reading will fall to zero. Sometimes for a few moments and sometimes for a few minutes before it magically "finds" the pressure and registers accurately (I think!). All during this the Holley monitor shows adequate pressure.

Last, two small air bubbles have developed in the graphics of the HDX face. They're not terribly noticeable (yet!) and I had the unit for a year before my truck was done enough to install it so pursuing it with Dakota Digital is likely a non starter but just a head's up for those considering one. These are VERY expensive units and though mine was likely not hooked up correctly (yet to be be determined) these bubbles should never have happened.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote