View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #1386
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Believe it or not, it's really not that bad. The tread pattern makes a huge difference though. The funny thing is that you can be riding along on a paved path and steer off into the grass and it doesn't even slow down. There's a bit more resistance all the time, but the terrain doesn't affect it much.
I ride slicks on the road in the summer and heavy tread in the snow.
Mine is a Surly which is a steel frame, so it's not exactly light, but it is a lot of fun.
That's one cool bike! I have an '06 Raleigh 24 speed with disc brakes. It's a hybrid- mountain bike frame with upright handlebars. I don't ride it much around here, after a couple of close calls and getting hit once, but fortunately without injuries. Plus, I had people yelling at me, "Get a job!" while riding around. I also had some close calls with guys in raised up trucks trying to see how close they could get to me. Nothing like a mirror fanning my hair. There is a section of road where I only used the sidewalk because of them. I figured that my luck was pretty much used up at that point, and parked it.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote