View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #25
SCOTI

Re: homemade c notch question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
yup and even more rare someone from 10 years ago is still here! i remember you helping me many of times when i was a total noob with this truck. i go back to my old posts from then and cant believe the dumb questions i asked and lazyness from asking so.many questions instead of just searching.

but anyways..to the PO, try and figure how much of the frame you need cleared. i went with a HUGE step notch and totally regret it
This is solid advice. The caveat being the amount of notch 'needed' to achieve the ride height (stance) vs. how much frame is left. Try to maintain the height of the area being altered for 100% of the original rails strength.

A step notch might be needed if cutting away half of the frames height. It then might become the need to trim a 'universal' step-notch for minimal body interference but increased strength.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote