View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 07:23 PM   #89
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: I give up on shipping anything USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah, they probably would. I don't see people complaining that public schools, hiways, police, fire protection, or military don't turn a profit.
But none of those services are paid for on an "as needed" or "per use" basis either. They are paid through taxes and (depending upon how you look at it) you are paying for something that you don't use, at least directly, or you don't pay for specifically when you do use it.

Meaning that you pay for your local school district, whether you have kids or not. or you don't get a bill for calling 911 or from having a fire....but you pay for it nonetheless.

I'm sure that somehow our federal income taxes are supporting the post office at all times, but then when you go to send something, you pay again. So we pay to have it in the first place, then pay more to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote