View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:49 PM   #63
SCOTI

Re: Are sleepers still a thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
Do you remember the '80's?
Big tires and loud exhaust does not automaticly = fast.
I have watched many a fat tire, loud as heck car run 14's at the 1320, all day, not just one run down the track. So, fat tires and loud would not make me automaticly think super fast.
Like I said above, it isn't grandpa looking/sounding sleeper. but with what it is, and what it had been able to keep up with or beat, it is a sleeper at that level.
On any given week end night, There might be a vehicle that show up that look really dast, and wasn't and another that was darn fast. or the car that looked like grandma loaned to you, that went like stink.
Yes, I was alive & well aware of things. I've been a gear head since the start. I've seen/heard many a 'loud' exhaust big tire ride & can typically detect the posers. Again, I included that Iroc-Z because I didn't give it a second glance. Then I watched it pick-off ride after ride that it looked like it had no business picking-off. Damn 10sec ride w/the big hit.

You guys don't have to agree. It doesn't bother me. But when I watched that car line-up I figured it was an easy win for the competition. Then.... it won. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Crazy thing was then I would see it driving around during the week blending in w/everything else around it not seeming out of place @ all. Just another cheesy plastic 90's TPI car.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote