View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 07:44 AM   #97
special-K
Special Order

Re: I give up on shipping anything USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
The other one, nope in truck , drive one house, shut off truck, put mail in box,start truck, move one house down shut it off. Wonder how many starters they go through in these things.
Must be that carrier or your branch's postmaster. I've never seen a postal vehicle shut off and turned on at every stop. They run all day and get right on up the road. They are hard to catch .

We have great personnel at my town's p.o. Many have worked there for years. We know their name and they know ours. Our facility was built in '96. Good thing, because it used to be a hole in the wall in a shopping center. The new stand alone building and lot is busting at the seems. It's hard to hit it at the right time when there isn't a waiting line. I often see Ebay sellers hauling in a bunch of packages to send. I hope USPS carries on as always. I think what it needs is a new postmaster general who's heart is in making the postal service work rather than put it under to facilitate privatization

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-17-2021 at 06:57 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote