View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #24
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: More vapor canister stuff - Cut one open and observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
sounds good Andy, good luck and if you need it just reach out!

I know even with the eBay Vett one I installed it has made a big difference in my garage.
There is still a bit of fuel smell but at least when we walk in the hallway where the home/garage door is at we don't feel like we are going to pass out LOL
I will, My garage is detached with my 71 C 10 and 64 SS Impala. It has never bothered me before with them inside. The 64 if full has a bit of smell but not much, the 71 has none since the tank was moved.

The ramp truck sit's outside all the time getting that great natural patina look. If the tank is full now it will knock you down if you open the door after a few days!
What I don't understand is it never smelled before the tank was took out cleaned and reinstalled with new sender. I put new neck rubber and sender rubber gaskets in it. The only thing changed is the old sender had the hard line all the way out under the cab. The new one has rubber hose which I used Fuel injection hose for it. I have checked it's not leaking any where in the cab at all but man the smell will knock you down if the tank is full.
Here is the thread on the tank.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=810183
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote