View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #8
msg

Re: 66 C10 American Auto Wire kit install ongoing questions

I appreciate the feedback guys, I am hoping to not make any mistakes so I am going slow. I have called AAW and they are helpful when they can be. The calls Ive made are usually at a time where the tech line is slammed and a sales guy takes the call and then takes my info and says a tech will call back and sometimes they do. There are some things that they wont really know since they dont work on this model as often as the group here does, so I will do my best not to be a pest and post some questions as I go.

One thing Ive wanted to see is if there is any best way to arrange and route the engine wires from the firewall? Ive got the wires going where they need to go, the pink and white to the distributor, the green to the temp sending unit on the manifold, and the brown to the alternator. Should the wires be secured to the firewall as I route the them behind the distributor? Maybe just electrical tape wrapping and let it hang? Or mount the wires in a harness on the firewall behind the distributor?

Ive got some cloth covering loom that I would think to use on the green wire to the temp unit, but whats best to do on the wire to the alternator?
Attached Images