View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:03 PM   #22
Asshat

Re: Front suspension and steering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
What is the expected end use for your truck? That may help us help you on deciding what to do.

I think that maybe the 3/4T is more than you expected, in a number of ways. Without discussing how it leans, etc., maybe you should consider a trade for a 1/2T? My 3/4T truck rides like a...truck, even with the camper shell on it, and actually not much better when towing a 6k pound travel trailer. 3/4T trucks ride like they do for a reason. I'm suspecting that you are used to newer vehicle ride quality and expect to achieve that. I guarantee that you will never achieve that newer vehicle ride quality. Not trying to be difficult, just giving some opinions. FWIW, one of my sons bought a new Canyon pickup last week. I consider the suspension to be "spongy". I used to race on mountain roads (don't tell my mom) and had made serious upgrades to suspensions on those cars. Soft wasn't a word for those rides.
I know this is an old truck, so I am not concerned that the it is not comfortable.

I'm trying to determine how to make the truck sit level, and not lean to one side.