View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:17 PM   #21
msg

Re: 66 C10 American Auto Wire kit install ongoing questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT65 View Post
The wire for the electric choke will be marked , you do NOT pull it from the hot side of the coil
That pink wire should be marked12v ignition to feed the HEI distributor
The purple wire goes to your started , AFTER it goes thru the neutral safety switch
Please read your paperwork thoroughly, it will give you both ends of any wire, that big schematic that is included is color coded as well, just trace the wires there and it will make more sense to you, the tech line may be slammed, they are trying to help people who have not done this before.
I would feel terrible if after all your hard work, this truck burned to the ground because of a mistake made in the wiring and remember, most electrical issues are groundless....meaning your not properly grounded....good luck
MT65 I appreciate the concern, I definitely dont want this to go up in flames either. I can be patient and talk with AAW tomorrow or tues to double check on the starter solenoid wire. I did open the mongo schematic and saw a carburetor and a tan wire and I traced it. It goes to the front lighting terminal that I have in the firewall. I havent gotten everything fully assembled on my truck yet. I was trying to get as much done on the engine and wiring before I put the inner fenders on and the front radiator to make it easier to work around. The only reason I had the driver side inner fender on was to install the fuse panel which used those 2 bolts to mount it. I dont even have the steering column in mainly since that instrument cluster is a pain to install with the column in without scratching up stuff.
Attached Images