View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #15
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: A word about stress.

Been in business for myself since 1995 and at one point had a crew of 25. Super stressful all the time. around 2014 I moved back home and downsized to just 2 employees and myself. Seemed the stress was still there. Always worried if the work was going to come in fast enough to pay the bills, the guys and still have some left over for me. Covid lock downs changed all of that and I kinda wish it had happened years back. Last March I laid off both guys and told them if they could find other employment to do so as I had no idea what the future was going to entail and was tired of being stressed about it. Since then I have worked totally by myself and I think I had the most profitable year I have had in a long time. All of that with as little stress as I can remember. I am at the point I no longer have to work 7 days a week to make sure everyone else gets paid. I now only have to worry about my family and if I don't feel like taking on a job, I don't have to. I just turned 51 and a year or so ago I felt like I was going to have a heart attack every single day. It has been hard reprogramming myself to slow down "and smell the roses" but I do feel a lot less stressed. Now if I could just lose the extra 60lbs
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote