View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 11:16 AM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Just in a days drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Yes sir....it's evident to see we love our cars....and trucks!

Cruise-in's are pretty much non existent at the moment here, but should be picking up speed hopefully real soon.

I have an old high school buddy who had a 64 SS Impala 327/4spd car blue like yours with the whitest interior i ever saw, bright white it was. Those cars had style and class still good looking rides today.
That's why I chose to drive it this time. I saw the flyers right before I left yesterday on F/B. So I figured why not.

Quote:
1976gmc20,
My 65 Impala with 283 & P/G got awful mileage. It had a 2 barrel carb that seemed to be always messed up in the two years I owned it. I paid good money to have a recommended shop rebuild the carb, and then by the time I traded it in it would hardly even run.
Mine has a later model 350 in it now. I got the 283 when I bought it but after pulling it a part it wasn't worth messing with it. It had a cracked block so I trashed it.
I have a Elderbrock 1406 4 barrel on it and it runs good after having my local guy tune it and we changed the jets out in it.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote