View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:00 PM   #24
1project2many

Re: What do you think??? Are you impressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
The county I live in just paid $123K to a "design firm" to come up with a new logo for the county. It looks like something kids do with a compass where you draw a circle and then dissect the circle by putting the point of the compass on the line and forming an arc. The follow up costs for changes like this are where the real expense comes in.
Does a county even need a logo? Isn't a simple color pattern more than enough to identify a municipal association or department. The city I work in paid big $$ for a new paint job and wording that indicates one truck is part of a "rapid response team." None of the other trucks in the team have the wording, and only a portion of the color scheme is present. I don't know how to interpret that. Are these guys a little slower to respond? Are they applying to join the team but haven't been approved yet? I don't even know what city division the truck is part of. Water has a unique shade of blue, parks have a unique shade of green, highway / DPW uses orange or white/orange with city logo. I thought the "Rapid Response" truck was a shopping cart recovery company the first time I saw it.

The company I work for chose to rebrand a few years ago. The old logo was very recognizable but I agree that it was out of date. So now our name is all lowercase, soft colors, allwordsmergedintoone, and doesn't say a dang thing about what we do. This is in part because the public reported through surveys that they didn't know what we do. I dunno... Maybe we've become a secret organization and the employees just haven't been informed yet. "brandx: We don't know what we do and neither do you!"

Folks have been copying art deco since it was first introduced. Victorian styling is classic and repeated. Early Western American type and appearances are quickly identifiable. I really wonder how this period of nondescript design will fare. Heck, you can't tell the difference between a Ford and a Chevy truck or a Chevy and a Honda car.

Last edited by 1project2many; 01-22-2021 at 09:55 PM.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote