View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #57
stinsonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
congrats on getting it running!

diesels have more efficiency than gas motors so cooling capacity usually requires less. I said usually because someone will be quick to correct me about specific applications like water to air intercooled turbo setups or two strokes or other things. your T in 4bt means you will have more cooling needed than a NA diesel, but still should be less. I cant say whether the stock rad will work though.

yes, although there are late 48s with the shackles, I have one. lots of late year changes in the first two years. if you have an in cab gas tank, you have shackles. if your gas tank is on the passenger frame with the filler in the bed, you have no shackles, its a center mount. your 51 will be shackles. no one repops shackles but they do repop the bushings, so you can rebuild them, i sold my extra shackles on ebay when I had some
I really appreciate the info. I’ll have to start watching eBay for another shackle to make the pair.

Come to find out the stock radiator is full of holes (not much of a shocker) so I’ll probably just install a stock replacement that has a horsepower rating high enough to cover anything I would ever do to the 4BT. Ideally, I would like one that’s the same dimensions but has the inlet on the passenger side rather than in the center but I can make a center Inlet radiator work just fine.

Started installing the front fenders tonight. Wanted them in place before I started wiring so I have a better idea on how to route everything. Also didn’t mention before that the transmission is all installed. One of my big hurdles is installing a clutch and gas pedal. I already have the brake pedal installed via a power brake kit I bought awhile ago online, but don’t even know where to start with the other two pedals. May try and find something out of a mid 90’s Dodge Ram diesel to retrofit
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 01-25-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: flipped photo
stinsonj is offline   Reply With Quote