View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #29
May70

Re: Youtube channel with how to videos on metal work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasimms View Post
Watched the latest and saw your announcement for starting another cab. Cant wait for the full floor video. I feel like an 80's kid again, waiting for next week's episode of the A-Team or Dukes of Hazzard to come out! I'm subscribed to your channel, but is there anything else we can do to help your channel out?
Ah the A-Team days... Mom would record them on VHS for us while we were at school. I lived to come home and watch the A Team and MacGyver.

Yep, the plan is to have another cab here in the next week or two. Im excited to have a step by step on that finished for sure just because I know the value in it.... having now basically completed a full floor pan replacement, all 4 pillars and rockers.... Sure would have saved me a heck of a lot of thinking.... Its just a ton of work and honestly I had a hard time convincing myself of doing it. Need the $ to continue with my truck is my justification.

Recording everything then having to edit it is pretty time consuming compared to just doing it and not explaining/recording everything. The goal for 2021 is to get over 1k subscribers that way the channel will get monetized and that means I would get paid a few bucks every 1000 views. Just some extra bucks to say it wasn't a total loss for me lol. There is someone on this forum that put together a video series on some portions of the cab work that sells copies for around $100. I dont think their dvd shows the extent mine does or shows a floor pan install. Id rather put it up for all to view for free and if it gets me anything in the end, so be it. The only reason I learned is because others have taught me free of charge. Not too long ago I couldn't afford the $100 dvd. Its just my way of paying it forward.

One thing I find weird is 85% of the time watched (which total is almost 30k minutes) is from people who aren't subscribed. That's neither here nor there though.
Attached Images

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations

Last edited by May70; 01-25-2021 at 10:24 PM.
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote