View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #14
pwdcougar

Re: 97 5.7 water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
At which point they must refund your money, and you go buy another one at a different location or company.

OP, how is this your 3rd pump? I'm on the original with over 200k on my 98. I say spend the extra, get the good stuff, and don't worry about it again most likely.
It's the third because I've replaced it twice already. No idea why if failed back 17 years ago. I remember doing it back then because I got in big trouble when I did the job. It was August 2003 and I had just come back from colon cancer surgery. Three months shy of my 43rd birthday. Have you guys had your colononoscopy lately? I'm pretty sure I did it again since then. We just got hammered with snow here in NJ and it will be a while before it's warm enough to do the job. Gives me time to order up new upper and lower hoses.

Are the heater hoses formed or are they just standard? Bout time those got done too.

Paul
1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote