View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #159
Thealien

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleChief View Post
Another question I have...

Engine placement. Is that a trial and error thing? I have ICT adapter plates and stock '71 motor mounts. The adapter plates have 4 mounting points to position the motor forward/back. Is there a way I can get some measurements on the truck to give me an idea of where to put the mounts? Or, will I just have to drop the motor in, try it out, and then adjust the mounts as needed?
I have the same ICT plates with the four holes. I wanted room behind the engine and we originally put it in the forward holes. There was a lot of space behind the engine and not much between the water pump and the radiator fans. We ended up going to the second set of holes from the back moving the engine back about 1 3/4”. The body is not back on yet So I am not sure how much clearance is left behind the Engine.

So I guess to answer your question it is trial and error. If you go to the I CT website it says what each set of holes does. I believe the first hole is .1” forward the second hole is .6” I am not sure but the third set of holes it’s like 1.7” or 1.8”. Off the top of my head I can’t remember what the forward set of holes measurement is but it’s easy to find on their website.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote