View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
Pick121

I got the Chevy Sickness!

Hello everyone, Thanks for having me! I have a 1964 C10 Fleetside LWB and recently acquired a 1963 C50! So, you will find me lurking in the 60-66 and Heavy Hauler groups. I have been checking out this site for months, learning and reading about builds and finally decided to register. After waiting for another month, sending emails, and not being able to post anything, or ask questions/comment, I decided “money talks”, paid the $25 and voila, now I can post! (No judgment here OK? Glad to be on board!)

If you are in for a long story, read on! My grandpa had a 1966 C10 SWB Stepside with theft deterrent (3 on the tree) as long as I can remember, here it is now

When he passed away, I was told the truck would eventually come to me, the eldest male heir (sorry to my 3 sisters, and all females!) However, my uncle had it in his possession and decided otherwise, said maybe I might get it after his demise but not before! Well damn him he is too young and healthy to wait out. And to be fair he has kept it in pristine condition making some upgrades with wheels and interior.

The story continues! My dad was always a car guy, when I was a kid he was always wrenching on something and I hung out with him and fetched tools. We had a ‘57 Chevy Nomad until it threw a rod, and a ToyLet (Toyota FJ40 with a 327 corvette small block!). When my youngest son turned 16 I thought, won’t it be cool to have an ole truck like grandpa’s, and works on it together to bond like my dad and me? So my son bought this 1964 C10 Fleetside LWB barely running

from some dude in Madera for $5G but alas, the dream was all mine and the kid was not really into wrenching on project cars! Or driving a stick! So, I gave him the money back and the truck is now mine. I will post a link to the project build once I create the Thread I promise

Final part of this LOOOONG story, my neighbors are old ranchers and have a bunch of “yard art” meaning broken down rusted farm equipment and such. I have been at their house many times but one day, this old truck catches my eye.

It’s a 1963 C50 sitting out there to rust its remaining years away! On a side note, I love good beer. And I have always had this dream of growing hops on our 19 acre ranch, and one day I saw this old photo (Sorry it’s a Dodge)

of an ole truck harvesting hops on the Hop Growers of America site and I says to myself, wouldn’t that be cool to have an old workhorse truck working the Hop harvest? (Now remember, I don’t have ANY hops growing) So I tell them, don’t ever think of getting rid of that truck without asking me first. They say: it’s yours! Take it, we would just love to see it running again.
Well you know how this story goes! I now have 2 projects. I will also create a build thread for the C50 I promise yet again!

thanks for reading so far, if you have got to this point. Thanks in advance for all the help and encouragement.
Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote