richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 2006 chevy express oil pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
What oil are you running?

How many miles on the truck?

Does engine make any noises?

Does oil pressure come up when driving? If it does, what pressure is showing at say 45 mph?

Biggest oil pressure issue with these is the oil pickup O ring into the pump, or, a bad pump....

There is also a oil gallery plug that has O ring hardening alowing the oil pressure to bypass back to the sump....

Hope this helps

182k miles but no idea if original engine or not.

Lost my hearing so will need to find someone else to listen for noises, wife says she don't hear anything but she is not mechanically oriented either.

Pressure does increase when driving. When still cold it will get up to about 15lbs when hot it is still around 40lbs. It is totally opposite of my old 350's. When they were cold they would have great pressure but when hot they would drop to nothing.

I put the 5w30 oil in it with ac delco filter. Should I run different oil with the higher mileage?

I know eventually I will be putting a motor in it but was hoping to hold off till late summer and be able to recoup some of the money I spent buying it. I have just shy of 20K tied up in it and expected to have 25K so i still have room for the engine. New unit is $89k so I am still happy even with all the little stuff

Thanks for the reply
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote