View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 10:44 PM   #20
Wgesnerjr

Re: Steering Stabilizer for 2WD

It rained alot here in Atlanta last night, almost a inch and a half overnight. Backing the truck out of the garage I actually went into the yard and wound up spinning the tires and throwing mud all over the back bedsides and wheelwells. Then once in the street there was a huge mud puddle and that got the front wheels all dirty. After the test drive, I went to the coin car wash for a quick cleaning. While soaping everything down and cleaning the white letters I did notice this slight bubble in the sidewall of the Cooper cobras.

I couldn't believe it.. These tires have like 6000 miles on them and it looks like the sidewall has bulge in it! I don't remember hitting anything so an interview of all drivers in my household commenced. Shockingly, no one owned up to anything.

Frustrated. I will be ordering a new tire tomorrow. UGH! This is probably the problem all long. However I am still glad I did the steering stabiliser. It was a lot of work and a good bit of money at $105 but I feel the truck is a lot more solid in feels a lot better when I'm driving it so it's not wasted money.

Would i do it again? Well, I probably would have liked the Ride tech system better had i known this would be an issue. While the body was off and the engine out, the ride tech system would have been a breeze to install. Now, with everything together, not so much. The Autofab piece is just fine..
Attached Images

LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project

Last edited by Wgesnerjr; 02-07-2021 at 10:54 PM.
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote