View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 02:40 PM   #165
EagleChief

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
If you want to save the couple hundred of dollars on the harness you can find the time to make it work. I understand you have a new born but maybe the engine swap needs to be shelfed for a little, adjust your time frame, or stop getting hung up on wiring, that should be pretty much your last step. Get the engine in, trans in, figure out exhaust, plumbing, sensor placement, fuel system, shifter linkage, PS hook up, etc, then worry about wiring in a few months when maybe the kid is sleeping a little more normally, and you can spend an hour at a time on the harness. Plenty of people have dove into a harness with zero automotive electrical knowledge, its not hard, just takes a little time. Get a 4x8 sheet of ply wood and lay the harness out on it so it's not just a jumbled mess of wires in a box, then you can ID the pins you need and don't, take your removal tool and slide the wire out, throw it in a box for spare wires and pins and move on to the next. It's pretty straight forward when you let your self take your time and don't try to bite off more than you can chew. It sounds like you're giving yourself an "overhauling" or TV style time line, that's just flat unrealistic, especially given the fact you can't work on the truck full time. Make your self a legitimate list of things to do and conquer them one step at a time. The board is always here to help and answer questions so you can have the info you need before you walk into the garage not after.
I definitely don't have a TV style timeline... I know better than that. I mean, my motor has been sitting on the garage floor for almost 2 months, so definitely not in a hurry. I'm just trying to make a list in my head and have an idea of what I need to look forward to. I like the idea of not worrying about the harness until after everything is mounted and in place.

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=780197

LS Swap Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=811460
EagleChief is offline   Reply With Quote