View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #71
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Timing & Gas Milage

LOL - yes that tie down is important. A bit ago I bought a cool distributor wrench, makes it easy to loosen & tighten! On my first drive in truck at the rebuild at my brother's it started to run like crap about 1/2 a mile away - I didn't think I'd make it back to his shop. It ended up he also forgot to tighten the hold-down clamp. He then told me, good lesson, don't do what I did!

Okay, girls are pretty worthless. I figured I'd have my daughter rev up to 35k by moving 500 RPMs at a time. By the time she got to 25k, she bailed and ran back inside and said never to ask her to ever do that again. So I got her mom out there. She couldn't figure out how to keep a real good lock, 15k was the worse for her. When we were done, she said she was freaked out too and her palms were all sweaty - YUCK!

Anyways, it seems to be following the copper/silver advanced chart, with all in around 25k

PS: another bit longer test drive. Off the line I totally can peel out longer and she really smokes the tires (or tire as in my case). I popped on/off I35 a few times and there really seems to be more power between 60~80mph. Lower speeds it feels like more as I am nailing it through 30 on up (as the engine reaches ~40k RPMs before the TH350 downshifts). I swear she is shifting better (engaging more to higher RPMs). Though all this nailing the gas peddle to the floor is No bueno for MPG but sure is fun to go Zoom Zoom LOL

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 02-13-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote