View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #23
roll_the_dice

Re: Dually Wheels--Teach me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Measuring backing plate to backing plate is NOT the way to measure a differential to determine track width and or fitment. There are way too many variables with brake widths and hub configurations plus the backing plate is far from flat. You must measure the WMS to WMS.
Thanks...I texted the guy and am waiting on WMS measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchevy58 View Post
I paid $300.00 at a junkyard with the sway bar, I'd recommend getting that too. Sway bar links and all, bolts right in, just drill holes for the links to frame.
I wish we had a good junk yard here...maybe I will take a look anyway...but good call on the sway bar links. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck73080 View Post
Our trucks sound very similar although mine had 4 or 5 owners over it's 62,000 miles I have copies of all the transactions since it sold new. I bought a Blueprint Engines 396 SBC stroker that dyno'd 506HP@5600/534TQ@4100, Centerforce billet flywheel/12" dual friction clutch combo. for the SM420.

The Dana sounds like a good deal. it looks to me like a dually rear, the wheel on the left is obviously an outside dually wheel. I think the measurement difference is between backing plate width and wheel mounting surface width.

Go for a day trip, the worst you could be is wrong and gas is cheap. Just be prepared to bring it home with as many parts as you can get. If the wheel base is the same, grab the drive line if you can, spare parts are either usable or trade goods. Since you don't have your wheels and tires yet, you can adjust your tire diameter to dial in your cruising RPM. the 4.10 with that 235X85R16 tire would be 3042RPM@70.

Let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck
I was thinking our trucks are similar for sure! Good thinking on the drive line if the WB is the same!

Yeah, I am waiting on wheels/tires until I figure out the rear end. I think I am going to swap it...don't think I can handle the 5.14 gears!
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote