View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #20
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72C203503ONTHETREE
For all you guys(me included) who want a carb instead of messing with computers and wiring, there are now intakes available for LS1's that are for a four barrel carb. I think Chevy makes them now, I just saw it in a magazine somewhere. The LS1 makes a lot of power, I have had a 98 Z28 1LE and a 2000 Z28 and they were a blast, but they wont have the torque that a nicely built big block would have, but they will rev a lot quicker and higher.

Keep in mind that there is no dizzy on the LS1 and no way to add one so you will have some fun with that. I have heard of carbed LT1's since they have a sort of mounted weird crank trigger/dizzy idea called optispark or (optipuke ).

For $350 several compaines on the net will modify and simplify the hook up of these wiring harnesses for you so that you can retain everything, fuel injection, self learning and calibrating mass air flow (no more swapping jets), 8 seperate coil packs (one for every cyclinder). These motors also have knock sensors right underneith the intake and automatically retard timing anytime detonation is sensed. That is only the begenning. Most of these motors were underrated from GM. The silverado SS guys have taken the trucks to the dyno with only a LS6 cam and put down 380 RWHP!!! This is with the front driveshaft removed of course. They are still slow because they weigh in the 7,000 pound range.

I just think it's cool