View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 08:46 PM   #1164
Sheepdip

Re: Lets see pics of your truck hauling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
The guy we got it from had literally tons of old stuff laying around. Apparently his brother would go to auctions and buy stuff and drag it back. Unfortunately he left most of it out in the weather to rust. The lathe is junk as the ways are rusted beyond repair. We bought it for whatever parts that didn't get exposed to the weather directly and also gambling that the Omniturn controller will come back to life after drying out and cleaning up.
There was a whole cabinet shop in the same condition. Big table saws, shapers, 14" radial arm saw, pneumatic door assembly jigs, and more..
Probably 50 outboard motors, and too much to list just scattered around a 75x100 poll barn. But under the cover of roof in the barn were some large farm equipment and about 100 bicycles in a pile at least 7 foot high. I'm sure those bicycles are worth more than the machinery that has turned to junk in the rain.
All kinds of junk, but no truck parts to be had.
Got a fellow that lived about 3 miles from me, he would go to government auctions and buy truck loads of lathes, tooling and bins full of parts. The guy spent a fortune on junk!
The county got on him about all the junk in his field so he built 2 metal buildings which housed maybe 25% of what he had.....then he died.

Next chapter, his wife (and the county) wanted to get rid of all of it, but didn't want anybody rummaging around on her property

My cousin who knew them both, deals in discontinued and old forklift parts, he did go out there and said what was not rusted beyond saving the rats had destroyed.

Next chapter, about 4 or 5 months ago the wife died. Have no idea what will happen with the offspring. I'd get bids from scrappers to haul it all off.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote