View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 02:31 AM   #1168
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Lets see pics of your truck hauling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Got a fellow that lived about 3 miles from me, he would go to government auctions and buy truck loads of lathes, tooling and bins full of parts. The guy spent a fortune on junk!
The county got on him about all the junk in his field so he built 2 metal buildings which housed maybe 25% of what he had.....then he died.

Next chapter, his wife (and the county) wanted to get rid of all of it, but didn't want anybody rummaging around on her property

My cousin who knew them both, deals in discontinued and old forklift parts, he did go out there and said what was not rusted beyond saving the rats had destroyed.

Next chapter, about 4 or 5 months ago the wife died. Have no idea what will happen with the offspring. I'd get bids from scrappers to haul it all off.
It is just stuff, but the waste really bothers me. The problem is that every person that hoards stuff until everything just turns into garbage will just shake their head and say, "that guy has a problem, I know what I've got".

The kids/family will just end up paying someone to get rid of the garbage and sell the property at wholesale prices (hoarding, disrepair, and deferred maintenance go hand in hand). Such is the way. My family did it for my grandfather, and I'll have to do it too when the time comes.
SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote