View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #10
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: RetroSound Radio

I went back and forth on radios or having my AM retrofitted. In the end I went with CustomSound's Slider Radio with the Bluetooth add-on module. It works great and pushes the CustomSound's dash speakers and the kick panels just fine. If I had room, I would 100% install a small/medium woofer. The good thing is I can go that route when I can - it has low level RCAs for Front/Rear and a Sub out for growth.

I went with the slider because it looks stock-ish and I more or less keep the like you see it in my photo. I can flip the slider to the LCD screen for all the settings or to see what is player/radio station. Will it hold up overtime? No idea.

As for RetroSound, my source said they had a real bad start and their beginning line is what came from Custom Sound (some odd buy out or some such). This came from the guy that I was thinking of having my AM retrofitted but also sold Custom Sound (which he stood by what he re-sold).
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote